Northern Michigan Amateur Radio Emergency
September 19th, 2007
FEMA Training in Northern Michigan
modern forms of communication fail, there's normally one that
doesn't... it's called the amateur radio.
On Wednesday, a northern Michigan amateur radio group hosted FEMA
training at the Elmira Township Hall in Otsego County.
taught people the national system of communicating on Amateur radios
Anyone could attend the training but most were emergency responders
that might need to use the radio if all else fails.
Ryan Raiche has more on what they learned.
(The next training
class is October 17th, 2007)
73 for Now
Jim Davis - KC8NTE
Northern Michigan Amateur Radio Emergency Services
- The NMARES website it located at http://www.nmares.net/
- The NMARES yahoo group is located at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NMARES/
- NMARES Meets the Third Wednesday of each Month. 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
at the Elmira Township Hall, 2035 Mountain Jack Road, Elmira, MI
- Elmira Township Hall, Lat. N45° 03.653', Lon. W84° 51.453'
- Simplex Calling Frequency - 146.520 MHz
- For additional Information email Jim at firstname.lastname@example.org